Saturday 18 March 2017

MIFF 2017


 The furniture I like the most is Tsumineru which was designed by Yap Xin Yi. It is a combination of Chinese and Japanese style and the concept is dim sum. Although “The Able” which was designed by Pamela Yap Wei was also a good design but I would prefer Tsumineru more than “The Able” as Tsumineru has a unique design. Tsumineru’s uniqueness is the best among all 10 of the finalist but there is a reason why she cannot win. The main problem is that it is not ergonomic for people to use. The table and chair is not that proportionate as the chair is taller than the height of a normal chair. The furniture is also quite heavy, Just the lid of the furniture is already that heavy, if a person was going to move the whole furniture, it will be the test of strength for that person. It has lots of flaws in it, but it can always be improve till it is at its best. The uniqueness is there that is why it caught my eye the moment I lay my eyes upon it.


The furniture I did not like is “NVNA Tea Table” which was designed by Yang Wen Wei. The furniture is based on a boy and a girl and she used colours to represent it. The furniture is also very small, and I’m not sure if that a person will able to sit on it. Maybe it was meant for kids, but the height was not suitable as I do not think a kid will able to sit a chair that high. If it was meant for adult, the sitting area is too small. A normal person will be uncomfortable if they sit on it. It is a good design that she is able to get into the finalist, but I don’t really understand her concept and her design is common compare to Tsumineru, thus this is why I don’t really like this furniture that much,  

No comments:

Post a Comment